Friday, June 18, 2010

An Evening With Jane Russell


If you live in the Los Angeles area... GO!

Official Press Release:
Jane Russell To Appear June 23 at Hollywood Heritage Museum

Iconic Hollywood sex symbol Jane Russell, who starred in “The Outlaw,” “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes” and “The Revolt of Mamie Stover,” will make a rare personal appearance June 23 at the Hollywood Heritage Museum in the Lasky-DeMille Barn.

The “Evening with Jane Russell” program will begin at 7:30 p.m. with a 45-minute motion picture summary of Ms. Russell’s life and career and close with a conversation with the multi- talented performer/activist.

The deeply-religious entertainer, an adoptive mother of three, founded the World Adoption International Fund (WAIF) in 1952, which placed an estimated 51,000 orphaned children. The next year she championed passage of the Federal Orphan Adoption Amendment, which allowed children of American servicemen born overseas to be placed for adoption in the U.S. And in 1980 she was at the forefront of the lobbying effort for the Adoption Assistance and Child Welfare Act, which provides reimbursement for eligible foster and adoptive parents, and financial assistance for the additional cost incurred with adopting handicapped children.

The Lasky-DeMille Barn (birthplace of Paramount Pictures) is located at 2100 N. Highland Avenue, across from the Hollywood Bowl. Parking is free (in Lot D). General admission is $10 ($5 for Hollywood Heritage members) and refreshments are available.

The museum auditorium has seating for only 110 guests, and ticket-seekers are advised to arrive early. For additional information visit: Hollywood Heritage Museum


My past experience with "Evening With Jane Russell" here
My visit to the Hollywood Heritage Museum here

5 comments:

Natalie said...

oooh!! I'm definitely going to this! Thanks for posting

Stefanie Valentine said...

WOW! I wish I could go to this! I am very envious!

Anonymous said...

Oh my stars!! Thanks for the heads-up!! I am SO THERE!

Unknown said...

oh wow! another reason I'm jealous of people in LA!
xo

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there...